Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Training

It's been 6 days since I've finished school and I am about to embark on the road that is real life. I decided to take this week "off" to relax a little bit after the big finals ad was lucky enough to have a chance to visit a local company. Here, I've been offered a chance to observe the work environment while working on my own projects and/or following professional grade tutorials. In exchange I may be asked to perform small work related tasks for them, which might lead to contract work in the best of cases. This is a great opportunity because there is no official schedule meaning I can continue my regular job search, as well as work a "normal" job for money, and come here on days off. Today I started learning the basics of Cinema4D using tutorials. It's still really basic compared to my work in Maya, but it's still fun, and a lot less confusing then the XSI workshop we did in class. I also started a Roto tutorial in After Effects the first step of which is getting rid of a guy in a staircase, it is still a work in progress but I'll post that anyway with the C4D shot.


No comments: